How to apply
Become a volunteer at Cheshire and Wirral Partnership
Thank you so much for your interest in becoming a volunteer with us! We are so grateful for all of our volunteers, and their passion & support make a huge difference to staff, people who access our services, carers, and families.
If you want to apply to be a volunteer, there are a few steps we will need to take:
1. Identifying a volunteering role for you - If you are interested in becoming a volunteer with CWP the first step is to get in touch with us, either via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 01244 397 397. We will look to find you a suitable and available volunteering role that matches your skills and interests.
2. Come in and have a chat with us! - Once an appropriate opportunity has been identified for you, we invite you to come so that we can meet with you in person and have a chat about the volunteering role. If everything sounds OK to you and to the team, we create a 'Volunteer Role Description' and identify a named member of staff who would be your supervisor.
3. Apply for the volunteering role - Once the 'Volunteer Role Description' is ready, we then invite you to begin the application process. We will send you a volunteer application pack with some forms for you to complete and return to us.
4. Security checks - Most of our volunteering roles involve working with vulnerable adults and children. In these cases, we will need to carry out a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check as part of your application. The DBS check is free of charge for volunteers.
5. Proof of identification and eligibility to volunteer in the UK - As part of your application to be a volunteer, you will also need to provide documents that prove your identify, and also demonstrate your eligibility to volunteer in the UK. A document checklist is provided in the volunteering application pack.
6. Membership of Cheshire and Wirral Partnership NHS Foundation Trust - By becoming a volunteer with us, you will automatically become a Member of the Trust. This involves receiving an occasional Membership Newsletter from us which will keep you informed about our services and events.
Click here to read our Volunteer Charter
Click here to read our Volunteer Handbook
“I volunteer to give something back and make a difference to patients’ lives” - Quote from a CWP volunteer
Welcoming new volunteers
We want all our volunteers to feel welcomed and well-prepared for their volunteering role! Every volunteer will be invited to attend a “Welcome to the Trust” Induction, where you can hear about the wider work of the organisation. During this induction, there will be a separate welcome and information session just for volunteers.
At this welcome session, each volunteer will be provided with a copy of our “Volunteer Handbook” which gives a warm welcome to the volunteer community, and contains lots of helpful information.
As a new volunteer, you will also have a ‘local induction’ with your supervisor, where you will learn more about your role and meet the team you will be volunteering with. The local induction will also be an opportunity to ask any questions you may have about your specific volunteering role.
“It is a great place to volunteer, and the support and supervision is excellent!” - Quote from a CWP volunteer