Our overarching principles for the Person Centred Framework are:
1. We are all unique, with our own strengths, needs and goals. We know that everyone has different abilities and that we all have something to offer. We will respect and nurture different experiences and viewpoints.
2. We will all support and encourage each other to live full lives.
3. Mental health and physical health are as important as each other. We will work together to make informed decisions that can help make life the best it can be, even in times of difficulty.
4. We will celebrate our achievements and learn from everything we do, and we will have thecourage to speak up and voice our views. We will always try to improve things to make a
5. We will be honest, realistic and clear with one another about our roles, using language that we all understand.
6. It is important for us to know what matters to each person we meet. We will be adaptable in our approach, working in partnership to provide care which, as far as possible, takes into account each person’s preferences.
7. We will try to understand each person’s situation, encouraging and supporting informed decision-making. We will, when possible, give everyone the choice of when to invite others to act on their behalf.
8. We will work with everyone’s strengths, abilities and those things we may not be so good at,to work together to achieve our goals, taking time to celebrate the good things we do.